Monday, January 9, 2012

Odds History

One of my last posts on my old blog was regarding odds.

More specifically when is it better to actually place your bet to get the best odds. Now this may just be a matter of opinion or it may just be pure luck. How many times have people placed a bet just to see the odds lengthen and see potential profit lost. This works the other way too, the odds may shorten to reduce loses.

You can place a bet on a Monday at lets say 1.50 and come Saturday morning and the odds lengthen to 2.50, that's probably a lot of profit lost if the bet actually wins. I know that some sites offer Best Odds Guaranteed, and as I understand it that means you will get the odds of 2.50 even if you placed your bet at 1.50. Yet as I am a newbie I don't know which sites actually do this or if this is actually the case. And I think that its only on certain matches.

To this end I have decided that I will keep an eye on the odds movements and see if there is a best time to place the bets.

On a previous post I also mentioned looking at some new systems, I do remember looking at a forum post somewhere that deals with making a Poisson spreadsheet in Excel and yet now for the life of me I cannot find anything that actually helps or shows me how to do it.

Now Elo on the other hand is different. There is a wealth of information out there on many sites, that is helpful for me, so my next system will be an Elo ratings system. I am currently not entirely sure how I use the ratings but I'm sure that with more reading and research I will find the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment