Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Slogging On

Ah the joys of making your own spreadsheet hey.

I have been busy over the last few days starting to work out and plan how to do an Elo rating system. It took a while to figure it out but I got there in the end.

So I figured okay then lets go and start from the beginning of this season and start and see where we are today. Within the first minute I ran into a brick wall!! Smack!! My season stats sheet that I believed was ready to go was/is broke. I don't mean just change a value here and there, I mean a complete rethink and new sheet. Needless to say I wasn't a happy bunny and I have just spent the last 4 hours re-working my layout and calculations. Oh and I am still not done.

I am enjoying the challenge though so it's not all bad really, it's just an annoyance having to redo something that I believed was done. When I think about it I realise how much time I have spent on just this one sheet it comes out at quite a good few hours. Now this is before I go back and put in this seasons stats, so it's all just layout, calculations and manipulating the data into a readable form instead of a jumble of numbers.

On I roll.

I have been keeping an eye on the odds movement of games and so far there has been little movements in most if not all of this coming Saturdays game. I will do a post later in the week with the results of this little project.

No comments:

Post a Comment